Making the Perfect Falafel - Quick and Easy Recipe
Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern vegan food made of a mixture of chickpeas or fava beans, herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. Ultra crispy on the outside, moist and fluffy on the inside, everybody loves them but few know how easy they are to make.
Falafel continues to be the people’s daily grub in the Middle East and you can find it from street vendors in almost every neighborhood. For the most popular Falafel recipe frying is what is recommended, using enough oil so they’re mostly submerged. The best part is breaking open the golden crunchy brown balls to reveal the moist juicy insides.
Dip them in Tahini sauce and pop them straight in your mouth, or make wraps! It’s often served in pita as a sandwich form with a generous drizzle of Tahini and Mediterranean salad, along with hummus and slices of Fermented Turnips.
- In a large bowl, add 1-1/4 cups water to Falafel Mix and stir well
- Let stand 10-20 minutes to absorb the water
- Form mix into 1 inch patties or balls
- For deep fry heat about 1/2 inch avocado oil ( You can also bake in the oven on greased pan at 375 for 5 minutes on each side)
- Fry balls until brown and crisp (about 3 minutes)
- Drain and serve